Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cecilia's outdoor spa


With this crutches thing, I am spending a lot of time housebound. Yesterday, I was lucky enough to have Cecilia with me most of the day. I don't need to chase after her as much as simply entertain her. We succeeded yesterday with a bubble bath in the pool. Here are a few photos I took yesterday.

She wanted to make sure we washed our feet.
She then decided that we would take our naps outside.  In the pool.















She found a bug in her bubble bath.  Not a deal.  But she quickly removed 'her".



















It was a sunny, windy day.  Which made for some great pictures.




















Once she was relaxing in the pool, I did the same.  She grabbed the camera and the following document what happened next.  I only left out a few shots of the ground, but she actually managed to get the subject in the frame.






























Then I got the camera back.  She continued to laugh hysterically.













Funny girl





















Snack time under the pergola.  Her eyes are looking up at all the grapes that have popped up on the vines above us.  Pretty cool.

















I guess I am pretty funny




















Is she scolding me?
Ladies always chew grapes with their mouths closed
















Yup, the grapes are still there.






So I had a ton of fun just chilling with Ceci.  I remember my mom often saying to me, "really, she is such an interesting girl, and so different when you have her alone than when they (the bros and her) are all together".  Being the mom, I really can't remember the last time I had such quality time with Cecilia.  I've taken her to a play, we've DONE things together.  But we've never just been together like this since she was really young.  This is when I realize how happy I am with my decision to be home, for now.  Because yesterday, my fellow teachers were in an all day faculty meeting.  I was chillin' by the pool with my homegirl.

2 comments:

  1. Are you eating the grapes you grew? Didn't know you could do that in MN! Hope you are recuping well.
    Love-Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl ... so happy you are at peace with the staying home thing. It sure is nice to have a ladies day ... I am cherishing them more and more with Norah and sad that they are fleeting. But such is the cycle of life -- and I know I will be making a lot of one one one time for the two of us to share some experiences.

    ReplyDelete